Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 3-- Through Quebec to St. George's



(By Jo)

I learned French in one day!  Chemin, road; maison a vendre, house for sale; ferme,farm.  This morning I learned that au chaund is hot water.  And many more words.  It felt confusing to travel with only a vague understanding of the signs around me, and it made me feel shy around French speaking locales so I didn't interact much.  Our friend was trying to get directions from our waitress and the waitress patiently said, "Can you speak more slowly, please?"  

We went around Quebec to St. George's which is less than 60 km from Maine. (I have also become proficient in converting kilometers to miles quickly.)

I've been very interested in the beautiful barns, varied architecture for the houses, and the fact that there has been water in the form of lake, river, marsh, or Atlantic channel--the St. Lawrence seaway-- alongside us the entire trip.  I have been to Western Canada before, so I just never thought of it.  

We traveled an additional almost 400 miles yesterday, and today we head for Bar Harbour, Maine.  Here are a few random pictures for your enjoyment. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment