Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Packing for an 8-day Motorcycle Trip

Hi!  This is a guest post by Jo, Schoo's wife.  I thought it would be helpful to female travelers to get my perspective at times. For example, when we went to Sturgis in 2011, I thought I over packed.  So I have tried to be more careful in choosing the clothes I'm taking.  Tomorrow I will wear jeans, a tank top with a t-shirt over it, socks, and boots.  I'll be wearing my Scorpion jacket with body armor as well as leather gloves and a Nolan helmet.  Bill and I have a Scala blue tooth communication system.

I am packing an additional two pairs of jeans.  I can wear jeans for two days if needed but I noticed that they got covered in bugs last trip.  I will take advantage of any opportunity to wash clothes, but I don't think jeans dry well overnight so I won't be washing them in the sink.  With three pairs of jeans I could make the entire 8 day trip if I had to with no clothes washing.

I'm also taking shorts for walking, running or working out.  These can do double duty because they will be easy to wash in the sink and dry.  I have a workout top that is the same.  I also have brought a bathing suit, a pair of flip flops, and a pair of running shoes.  Also a pair of flat shoes that slip on.

For dinner times, I have two pairs of shorts--a longish denim pair and also a pair of bright blue cotton cargo shorts.  To round off the inventory, for both riding all day and going out to dinner at night,  I have a cotton sweater, a turtleneck, a long sleeved t-shirt, two tank tops, a long sleeve medium weight button down, and a short sleeved tee shirt.  Make your bets now about whether I will say I over packed or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment